Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Trip to Zhengzhou

We left Beijing early this morning and took the train to Zhengzhou which is the capital of the Henan Province. The rest if our group flew but I was told by some friends who have adopted that taking the train is really fun! So we didn't have our guide and had to navigate the train station alone! But we are so proud to say we did it and the train was a blast!! Ended up being such a great choice. To be honest after 14 hours on the plane to get here, I wasn't really in the mood to get back on another flight just yet!
I was pleasantly surprised about the city when we got here. I think I had a horrible picture on my head of this city since I hadn't heard too many good things about it. But it is nice. A little warmer and it's more green than Beijing. More trees and grass. Now you do have to be careful for the zooming mopeds that fly around on the sidewalks!! That can be a little crazy at times!! We have had a few issues with our room . Computer is not hooking up to the wifi so I am typing this post on Jeff's phone. Hopefully we can get it figured out soon! They delivered Mayleigh's crib today and I put my hand in to feel how soft it was and the mattress flipped up! Glad I figured that out before I put her in it the first time! We then were trying to go to bed (well I was but now I'm still up blogging) and we couldn't get the lights to turn off from the switches. Someone came up and fixed that for us!!
After we got in town we had a quick authentic Chinese lunch and then we just unpacked and relaxed. Jeff went to the bank with our guide to exchange money and then  our group headed to Walmart for diapers , snacks , etc !! That was very interesting!! 3 floors and it was really crowded! Chickens hanging on display and  lots of other weird stuff but we didn't browse too much because we just wanted to get out stuff and go! I'm sure we will be back! So Mayleigh has some snacks, diapers , wipes , and a some gloves since I forgot some. It's pretty nice wheather here. About 46-50. Not super warm but warmer than it is back home ! They are having -15 temps over the next few days !
Our guide gave us  an update on our kiddos and also a little schedule of their day and what they eat. Most of the info I already knew but the most interesting thing was that tshe uses a paci when she sleeps!?! She will fit right in...all my boys were paci lovers!! It. Also said she loves the bath and doesn't get fussy or cry.  They also said she likes to be rocked and patted to sleep at night. We may have to work on that!! ;) but I'm hoping if she likes that then she will snuggle with me !
We have the crib, her toys out, snacks ready, and our bag packets to meet her. We will leave here at 930 and should get her around 10 or 10. That is 8 on Sunday evening back home! We can't believe tomorrow is the day!! I don't know that I can get into my feelings about tomorrow right now! I'm thinking I better get to sleep for the big day! We have had trouble sleeping every night so far. We keep waking up around. 3 and last night I never did fall back asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment