Copy & Paste This Code:

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Good to be home...

We are home from our 2 day hospital stay and I hope it stays that way! Life needs to slow down a bit. I cant keep up this pace much longer! Finally, Jeff is feeling better and back at work. I think we are all glad for that. He was so tired of feeling yucky, and to be honest, I was too! ;)
I will kind of give you a run down on what they ended up finding out about Mayleigh at the hospital. She was extremely dehydrated. She was extremely constipated. But her kidneys look good. They were only looked at so far by a radiologist, we are hoping to have them checked out by a pediatric radiologist but for now they look fine. We have heard that sometimes a regular radiologist dont pick up on some stuff so we want to be sure they are looked at again. We are sending all this info to the colorectal team in Columbus for them to review it all.
After an awkward afternoon at the hospital, we were released with a preventative antibiotic for the UTI's and sent home. Mayleigh will also be on a dose of mirilax to get her cleaned out. She certainly is on her way. The 2nd night in the hospital she was up every hour with poop. Needless to say, it was a very long night!! But glad to see she is getting it out! The afternoon was awkward because our pediatrician explained to me that Mayleigh had e. coli in her urine. I guess this is common for causing UTI's. But he was saying it was resitant to most antibiotics. He wanted to talk to our surgeon and come up with a plan before we left the hospital to be sure these UTI's dont come back and we are back where we started. I thought this sounded great. He would be on the same page and collaborating with our surgeon. But when our surgeon and pediatrician talked, there wasnt much collaborating. I guess our surgeon just thinks we need to put Mayleigh on a preventative and she will be fine. Our pedi is still worried that the antibiotic wont do anything for the E. coli. Who knows?? But the conversation didnt go well. The surgeon was wonderful to me but I guess didnt feel like collaborating with my pedi! The good news the surgeon told me was that Mayleigh doesnt seem to have kidney issues and the pictures I sent him of her looks like she has a good outcome after surgery!! :) That is great news. We are most worried that after surgery Mayleigh will not have bowel or bladder control. That is worst case scenario. But the surgeon seems to think things look good for her!
Our sweet girl was so happy and fun in the hospital. Go figure?? I guess those fluids really perked her up!!


Sweet girl. She loves her bed. I am thankful she reaches for it and is comfortable to lay alone. Even in this creepy hospital crib!


All smiles




Love this girl!! 




Since we have been home Mayleigh continues to do great!! She is so happy playing in the family room. She doesn't care if I am in the room or if I am busy doing dishes or cleaning. She has been trying new foods. She loves grilled cheese now. She also ate tortelinis tonight. :) She is making so much progress. It is amazing to think how far she has come. She hasnt walked yet but today she crawled all over the upstairs. Then tonight she pulled up on the kids mini trampoline. We were hoping she would take some steps but not yet. Hopefully soon! We are so completely smitten with her! She just smiles at everyone and has really brought so much joy to our house. It was a long road to get to where we are so it makes it that much sweeter! 



No comments:

Post a Comment