Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Hope Orphanage Visit (from Beijing)

I was going to take a nap while M took her nap, but as I layed down I couldnt stop thinking about my boys. So I had to get up and keep busy or I get too sad!!

 I realized I never got time to put up pictures of the New Hope Orphanage we went to in Beijing. Mayleighs orphanage (Marias Big House of Hope) is run by the same people that run this one. So this one is run the same way as Mayleighs. VERY ORGANIZED!! The couple that started these had moved to China for the mans (Robin) job. After being here quite awhile and going on a trip with their church to visit an orphanage, Robins wife, Joyce felt a calling to open an orphanage to help these sick kids. So Robin quit his well paying job to help start it. They basically started out of their home. She was a nurse and could help with the sick kids. So some of the orphanages would call her and ask her to take a sick baby that they couldnt care for. A few years later, Steven Curtis Chapman, a christian singer who has 2 adopted girls (and one died in an accident) got wind of what Robin adn Joyce were doing and wanted to help. The Chapmans are now supporting about 80 % of the funds for Show Hope. They have I think 6 houses and they are building their next one in Nanyang, where Mayleigh was born. It was such an honor to meet Robin. What an amazing couple these people are!!!

We had a wonderful tour of the facility and got to play with some of the kids! :) Each room has 12 babies. There are 2 babies to 1 nanny. The nannies are always with the same babies. So Mayleigh had 3 nannies because they each worked an 8 hour shift.


the dining hall





bedrooms... 4 to a room. color coded rooms


the quilts were made by Joyce


Kindergarten room. Starting at 18 months they came here once a day for organized play and to learn english!


This little cutie clung to me as soon as we came into the room. I could have taken her home with me!


Robin. A wonderful man!!!


She was fascinated with my necklace! But she would not let me put her down. I was getting nervous about leaving. She was very needy for love! :( 


Little boys watching as some of the kids left for dinner. 


Dinner time!


playground outside


Outside of New Hope 

I wanted so badly to see Marias Big House of Hope where Mayleigh lived but it was just too far away. But we are grateful to see a home that is so similar to her orphanage. It was such a neat experience...and heartbreaking at the same time! Grateful for Joyce and Robin who made Mayleighs life as best as it could have been while living in an orphanage! 

No comments:

Post a Comment