Copy & Paste This Code:

Monday, January 6, 2014

Our first day together....S

After we got Mayleigh home (to the hotel) we got out some toys and played a little. She liked picking all the toys up and she really liked the books! Flipped the pages and we touched the different textures. We hadnt eaten since breakfast so we decided to run next door to a local chinese restaurant and grab lunch with our friends. BUT that meant changing her clothes and her diaper! We were terrified to take her stuff off. But they had holes and they kinda smelled. She really needed fresh clothes! And lets be honest...I couldn't wait to get her in one of the outfits we had got her....and a BOW!!!! :) She did ok with the changing of clothes. A few wimpers but we survived. At lunch she just sat on our lap eating cheerios and bread. She unfortunately wouldnt drink from either of the two sippy cups I brought so we resorted to the bottle. It said she drank from a bottle in her update but I was hoping to just go to a sippy. But at this point, we just wanted to give her what she was used to!
When we got back to the hotel Jeff had to go do some paperwork. I am thinking 20 min. Unfortunately it was an hour and Mayleigh and I had a rough hour. She was so tired and kept falling asleep on my shoulder but the second I would sit down she woke up screaming and throwing her head back. I was so sad for her. I had my light weight sweater that I wore this morning hanging on a chair. She reached for it and put it in her mouth and started sucking on it?? It was a little weird but she was so comforted by it!  So at that point..I just wanted her to feel comforted so I let her suck on my sweater!! :) Well she has not let that sweater down all day and she currently has it in her mouth as she is sound asleep. I thought they would bring a paci since they said she used one but they didnt. I was thinking after see her suck on the sweater, that we better head to walmart and get the girl a paci! A girl in our group had bought one and her daughter didnt use one anymore so she let us have it. Mayleigh will suck on it but prefers the sweater. We may be doing some sewing to make that sweater into a blanket!! :)
As we were hanging out this afternoon, Jeff kept saying how hot Mayleigh felt. She is a sweater I noticed. But we finally checked and the sweet girl had a 101. After tylenol she seemed better and it hasnt come back yet. Might be from the trauma of today. We were told this could happen. At least we hope that is all it is.
We are a little freaked out about bathing her but this sweaty girl needs a bath. Her hair is a mess! :) But we decided not to try it tonight. I am sure if she wont let us put her down, she is not going to enjoy a bath! We havent even seen her walk yet! :( Praying she feels more in the next few days!
In the midst of her crying this afternoon. I got very emotional. I was so sad for her and how scary this all must be for her. I also couldn't believe how much it made me miss my boys back home! I was feeling horribly homesick and the thought of being here another 11 days  before we can go home, makes me sick!! The good news is that we love the group we are with. Have met 5 wonderful families that I am sure will be friends for life! That helps....but really just hoping these days fly by!!!
I dont know what I am doing still up! Everyone is sleeping...I better get some rest. Mayleigh is sleeping next to Jeff. She didnt like her crib at all! But we were just thankful to put her down next to Jeff instead of on Jeffs chest. Although, it was sooo sweet to see her laying with him!!!

Checking out some bracelets! Thanks Angie!! :) 


Couldnt wait to get that bow in her hair!! :)



Finally in Daddys arms. I think this was the first moment he held her! She wouldnt let him before that!



checking out some princess books!



Mayleigh chewing on my sweater!!

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful. We are so happy for you guys. It might be a little rough at first but it will all be worth it. I like the blanket idea with the sweater. What a neat idea. Keep up the good work and keep showing her all the love that she deserves and that the family will give her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin! I have been praying for you all and then Russ showed me pictures on facebook today and told me about your blog! I am just soaking in every word and praying for you all!! Bless your hearts! So thankful to be able to read this and keep up with you!
    Love you lots - Laura Reimer =0)

    ReplyDelete