Copy & Paste This Code:

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Safari Park

After a long night of no sleep and a lot of screaming we headed out early to a great Safari Park. Sure wish my boys were with us because Mayleigh was in depression mode and slept through almost the whole thing! My boys would have LOVED it!!! So if there are too many pics, that is why. I promised Brennan we would take lots of pictures!
Other than that....we are pretty much exhausted. Emotionally and physically. Last night was really our first night of bad sleep. We think she had a belly ache since it had been over 24 hours since she had pooped. Well, now today we had diarrhea. The poor thing cried on and off every 15 to 20 min. and she didnt want to be comforted. We would get her up and hold her and within 30 seconds she was pointing to her bed. If I tried to put my arm in and rub her back she pushed it away. :( So after trying multiple times we laid in our bed and listened all night. It was rough. So I think with her being so tired today, it just caused her to shutdown. Ate basically nothing, cried a lot, and slept a lot. It was harder to deal with today after we saw a glimmer of hope yesterday.
Tomorrow we have our consulate appointment to get her Visa. Then we are going to Shaiman Island which is an old colonial area where the US consulate used to be. I am pretty excited to see it...we have heard lots about it. Then Friday afternoon we get Mayleighs visa and head to Honk Kong. Then Sat. morning we are on a flight home!!!!!!! We are soooo close.
I am so ready to be home. Am I nervous about being home...VERY!! I have no idea what will happen to Maleigh when we get home and strap her in a car seat (which she has never sat in). She literally hasnt been out of our lap for more than 3 hours total this whole time!!! That could be a rough drive home from Chicago. Right now she is a two person job. I am not sure how I am going to do this with the 3 boys and Jeff back at work next Tuesday!! A little nervous but so ready to just get home!! We are praying being at home will help Mayleigh feel more secure.

I will leave you with lots of pictures!! :) Good night!! Enjoy the pictures boys!!! Wish you could have been there with us!!













We saw a pretty fun elephant show! Got some on video also for the boys! They were pretty amazing! They did relay races, turned a jump rope, and smashed balloons popping them! 





Group shot. At this point we had about 50 Chinese people staring at us. They are good at that! Wish I would have had our phone to take a picture of the amount of people looking at us. They were taking pics of us too! Weird!! 



Feeding the giraffes was such a blast. I have video of Jeff doing it!! 


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I'm sure the boys appreciated these! I bet they are eager for you to get home too. It will be great to have the whole family together. I hope her belly is feeling better today. You are doing a great job staying strong through all of the ups and downs. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete