Copy & Paste This Code:

Monday, July 28, 2014

A new chapter...

2 weeks ago the movers came and started boxing up the house. A quick two days later and the whole house was empty and the truck was loaded and ready to go. It was sad to leave such a great home...our home. The home we moved into when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my first baby! 6.5 years later, 4 kids coming home to that house, and lots of memories made, but it was time to move on. As hard as this transition has been for me to swallow, I think I was finally ready. Ready to quit thinking about the move and just do it. Ready to get settled and move on with life.

Before we left we spent a few weeks fitting in time with all the special people in Mt. Zion/Decatur. We had a blast. Although I do have to say, sometimes it was hard to not come home and just cry knowing what great friends and family we were leaving. But so beyond thankful for the friendships that were made...for my kids, Jeff and I.


Love my "ADM" girls! Over the years we have had many family BBQ's and many wonderful girls nights out. So fun that some of us have been friends since before kids! Love you guys so much!!


And the kiddos! Such great memories and so fun watching them all grow up!


We squeezed in a few playdates the last week were in Mt. Zion. Going to miss these Talty boys!


This pictures just makes me happy. Our last day in Decatur was spent with this awesome crew at the Zoo!! What a special group of friends!!! And a whole lot of kids!! ;) 


Chase and Olivia. Olivia tells her sisters that she is going to marry Chase someday! I think I would be ok with an arranged marriage! These two are just too cute! 


The three musketeers! These 3 had a special friendship. 


Big kids!!



The mommies to that awesome crew! Love you all so much!!


Kristin and I have been friends for 10 years. We spent many weekends together pre-kids and then continued to be there through all the births (and adoptions) of our kiddos. Our hubbies have been friends for 15 years. Love this family and we are looking forward to fun family weekend get togethers in the future! 


After a few years going to First Christian Church we joined a small group. For 3 years we have enjoyed getting to know the other couples in the group and their kiddos. We had a going away party at the surf club with our group. Look at all these kiddos!! Those poor babysitters that watched all of them in our basement during group meetings. We will miss this group so much. Such a wonderful group of people that supported each other. We love you guys and you will always be very special families to us!


The fab 4! (Thanks Leslie for the cute name!) There are just no words. You girls are like sisters. Love you all so much!!!!!  



And most importantly we celebrated my parents birthday before heading out of town. Enjoyed one last dinner before parting ways. A new chapter for our family. With my parents moving to their house in AZ full time, we are looking forward to having them in Chicago often for visits!


Happy Birthday Dad!! Going to miss having you down the street but looking forward to our visits in AZ!!! A special thank you to both my parents who have helped so much during the move. We appreciate it is so much.




Thanks to all our friends and family for making this place so much fun these past 9 years (3 years before moving to MO and then back)! We will miss Decatur/Mt. Zion so much. The people are simply the best!! 


And to leave you with a laugh...Brennan wanted to strike a "power ranger" pose! :) Hope Glen Ellyn is ready for this crazy crew!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You don't know me but I've been following your blog for a while. My sister swam at IU and I was a diver at a small school. I currently live in Wheaton and would love to help you out if needed. I am a PE teacher in Naperville and have tons of special needs experience. Even if you just needed helping hands to go to the pool or something. My schedule is busy (I coach diving at another school) but I'd love to help. I also have lots of teacher friends and a cousin who majored in special ed that lives in Wheaton. I don't know if you know people around here but I thought is reach out either way. Email me at ajmedendorp@gmail.com
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete