Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Learning life with 4

It has been another busy week. The only word I can use to describe our house is CHAOS. We are still getting used to 4 little people in our house!! It seems as if the boys are arguing more between themselves and the jealousy is pretty hard for Kullen. That poor boy is making my heart hurt. He just isn't himself. I do have to spend so much more time with Mayleigh. Changing her diaper, feeding her (she is eating better when you spoon feed her) and making her feel comfortable in our home. I am doing my best to make sure Kullen gets the attention he needs and the attention he was used to, but he is still not himself. Honestly, it gives me a lot of guilt. :( I hate to see him so sad. The big boys seem to be adjusting pretty well. And I know it makes sense for Kullen to be having a harder time. I just hope he gets back to his old self soon. The biggest question Jeff always brought up when we talked about adopting wasnt the adoption part...it was having 4 kids. Being able to give them the time and attention they deserve. I know in the end they will all be fine and learning to share things and our time is a good thing for them. I know having a big family has many positive qualities about it, its just hard with the adjustment right now and it makes me feel so guilty. But we will make it and we are doing the best we can making sure each kiddo feels special in our family! This weekend I took the boys swimming and Jeff stayed home with Mayleigh and today Jeff took the boys to the Lego movie and I stayed home with M. We are working on doing better with having one on one time with each of the kids. That is tough because we also really like being all together too. Just trying to survive right now really! Getting to know M, taking care of 4 kids, and just getting back to a normal routine after all the traveling and family changes has left us pretty exhausted! I am excited to get out tonight with some of my best girlfriends for dinner and dessert. I know the break will be nice. Hoping Jeff can survive the evening alone! ;) He will do great....just his eagerness to have me go and get a break tells me he will do just fine!

Here are some pictures from the last week! Mayleigh is loving the vacuum. Unfortunately, now is everyone else...even though no one has cared about it for months!! ;) Funny how that works! :)



Mayleigh dressed in her Valentine's outfit! I really wanted to go to  Brennan's school party but I am not ready to leave Mayeigh at home with a sitter so she came too. She was quite a hit. :) Brennan was proud to have her there but at the same time I think he gets tired of everything being about her. But I was so glad I was able to be there for Brennan.



M seemed pretty excited to be sitting in a big girl chair with her biggest brother and all his friends!



Opening Valentine's cards! 


This selfie didnt turn out great but it's important for me to have this with Brennan!



The excitement of the school party wore this girl out. She was sound asleep as soon as we got to the car!




Typical girl! She has figured out how fun it is to carry around a purse!! :) 



She spends a lot of time in the laundry room by the lockers! LOVES to try everyones shoes on! Right now the snow boots are a favorite! :)


She worked until she got both of them on! Then she walks so proudly around the kitchen!


The boys enjoying Valentine's gifts from Gramma and Papa. Reusable stickers!  



We had the door open checking on the boys who were out playing in the snow. So I let M touch it. :)




That smile just never gets old and completely melts my heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment