Copy & Paste This Code:

Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Call...

At the beginning of the summer we were officially done with our paperwork and officially logged in with China's adoption system. We then started our wait...the long dreaded wait to get that important call from our agency saying they have our daughter. So the boys and I kept busy swimming and playing outside all summer long! And I tried not to obsess over waiting for that call! That was tough! August 1 was just another summer day...or so I thought. We had spent the morning at a friends house for her boys birthday party. The kids bounced in the bounce house she had rented all morning. We had a picnic lunch out in the yard and had a great time. Just a normal Thursday... so I thought!! We got home and I got all the boys in their beds for a nap and I sat down and opened my computer ready to just relax. My cell phone rang. I assumed it was Best Buy. We were having a new refrigerator delivered that afternoon so I assumed they were calling to tell me they were on their way. I about died as I grabbed my phone and saw that it said Colorado. Our agency is based in Colorado. My heart skipped a beat. I listened carefully as she told us she had a file for us to look at. She said she was a beautiful little girl who was 14 months old that had the cutest little smile! My heart melted. I couldn't wait to get off the phone and call Jeff. After she gave me more info she emailed me the file. AHHHH!! I had to wait for Jeff to get home from work in order to open it. In the meantime, Best Buy had come and I was a frazzled mess. I hadnt moved all the food out of our old fridge and I couldn't even focus. At that point, I shared with Brennan the good news that we were going to see a picture of his sister! Finally Jeff came home and we opened the email to see her beautiful face!!! 





These were the referral pictures that came in her file. They gave us lots of info, which was honestly hard to focus on after seeing her face! We were completely in love!!!  

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are back to blogging!! Can't wait to kiss those sweet cheeks of hers :)! Love you and your family!

    ReplyDelete